Tuesday, May 24, 2011

a Northwest Twist on a Classic Cocktail

First, let me say that it's really hard to beat a good London Dry gin, but in the spirit of keeping libations local, try this recipe:

2 oz. Washington Dry Gin (from Dry Fly Distilling out of Spokane, Washington)
Tonic water
Splash of Campari
Squeeze of lime (a germaphobe I know said not to throw the lime in your cocktail - it takes up room and it's full of bacteria!  I'll take my chances.)


Hemingway drank these while on safari in Africa, but he used Gordon's Gin. Source: "True at First Light" 


If you're in search of another local Cascadian favorite, check out Dry Soda for their all-natural, low calorie sodas. "Lavender" is the author's favorite because it reminds him of his prurience in Provence, but each of their flavors are unique and make excellent cocktail bastardizations mixers for gin, vodka, and tequila.

"In the sweet summahtime" Bob Seger, Night Moves

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Thanks for the suggestion (as if I needed one, haha). I've been asked to come up with my own branded gin-based AC cocktail. However, I'm having trouble moving beyond my beloved tried-and-true G&T...

    ReplyDelete